Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

First thought. First Cake.


I chatted with a first year friend in facebook and I open the topic about her first decorated fondant cake she make because of a workshop she joined. It brings me back memories... of the first cake I decorated. I don't normally decorate my cake. Often times I put butter icing with my cakes or i put chocolate icing. I do want to decorate with fondant but they are all just in my head since I don't know how to make one for a start. These cake is one of my accomplished fondant(I used marshmallow fondant) cake. Its my first cake. It's a project for a special occasion. That's Madeth's debut celebration. A gift... that is well thought of. I practised fondant since I don't know how to make it before. Youtube really helped me at this one. I thought of the design and for the cake I used chocolate cake... It's one of the favorite flavors so I made that. yeah many mistakes for this first cake... but i do try my best for it to be nice haha.... I remember finishing the cake at 1 am hahaha yeah i overworked it... those flowers are still fondant since I don't know how to make gum paste yeah I totally sucked at doing these even though I am a culinary arts student but I do have the passion... I just needs some practice! hahaha Yeah that's right practice practice practice with pRayer prayer and prayer!
Results.... She liked it hahaha and even her friends liked it thanks! She even told me that she like my cake more than her own debut cake hahaha that's the nicest compliment in cooking and baking that I have ever gained in my Life... If Madeth can see this well thanks for being my friend... my closest friend in highschool... haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment